:p I regret most of the content/jokes here. 40% of which are cringe-worthy. This is not a blog that I'd want my nephews/nieces ...or anyone to read, actually. but it's still up here because of sentimental reasons. The blog took a lot of time to build & I just don't have the heart to delete it. If you do find the jokes funny - I'm happy to know that they're entertaining. Otherwise, here's a more "proper" one http://coffee-choc.blogspot.com ...prob not as funny, mainly about chocolates and coffee and food & music

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pie Face :) - a cafe like no other



Pie Face doesn't just sell pies!
It probably has the widest selection of goodies compared to 99% of all other cafes in Sydney - approx. 30-60 items in any outlet.


...sanwiches, pies, cakes, cookies, muffins... *slurp*

I was in one of those occasional "healthy phase" when I chanced upon Pie Face but the goodies were to tempting so I couldn't help but grabbed myself a slice of "Chocolate Flourless Cake"
It's a novelty to me :)
You see, I've never tried any "flourless" cake before

Yes, it's yummy :) but if it were a lot more chocolatey & less sugary, it'd have been "perfect"!
I liked it so much that I went back again the next day to try the Cherry Muffin (made with fresh cherries :) yumm)

Another thing that I like about Pie Face is the cheery atmosphere:)

Pie Face was founded in 2003 by Betty Fong and Wayne Homschek. Prior to launching Pie Face, the founders were best known for their designer fashion label, Paablo Nevada.

At one of their fashion shows, they decided to serve pies to the audience to get everyone in the mood. The pies were very well received, which got them thinking pies vs frocks...

A couple of months later, the two were having dinner and talking pies when they conceived the idea of putting faces on pies to determine thier flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment