Every time I'm back in my hometown Kuala Lumpur, I'd hunt for Nasi Lemak
On this trip, I have found the perfect Nasi Lemak! :)
- and it's all because the chef made one lil' interesting twist to the traditional Malaysian dish.
It's served with "asian caviar"
60% of its size is its own eggs :)
very fattening - but very very yum :)
it tastes somewhat like fried cheese + egg yolk
Lot No. C025 (Fiesta Street)
What I like about it:)
- moist & piping-hot steamed coconut rice
- generous servings of sambal (sweet & spicy chilli paste)
- aromatic chicken "rendang"
(rendang's quite similar to curry - except that fresh spices & 4 types of ginger (kunyit, lengkuas, etc) are used instead of dried powdered spices)
When I passed by U-Cafe, I thought it offers mediocre stuff like Old Town White Coffee, PappaRich...but I was pleasantly surprised by the food quality :)
If you ever visit Kuala Lumpur, don't leave the city without trying the Asian Caviar Nasi Lemak!!! :)
I used to like Madam Kwan's nasi lemak... but over the years, I found that the quality has deteriorated
- the chicken are overcooked & tasteless
- too much liquid in the curry/rendang (bland)
- the portion has also shrunk
That's Nisha my gym-buddy back in Uni :)
We went to Madam Kwan's when she and her hubby had a honeymoon in Malaysia
Gal, if you're coming back again, we'll go to U-Cafe this time :)))