:p I regret most of the content/jokes here. 40% of which are cringe-worthy. This is not a blog that I'd want my nephews/nieces ...or anyone to read, actually. but it's still up here because of sentimental reasons. The blog took a lot of time to build & I just don't have the heart to delete it. If you do find the jokes funny - I'm happy to know that they're entertaining. Otherwise, here's a more "proper" one http://coffee-choc.blogspot.com ...prob not as funny, mainly about chocolates and coffee and food & music

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

How to BBQ in a small Auckland city bedroom

Had a huge 12-hour BBQ party in my bedroom :)
The handy cooking utensil is none other than my faithful little fan heater
The choice of ingredients is perhaps, a bit unusual…
Eg, I was experimenting with a new type of alcohol that is not normally found in food recipes…
Plus… Dettol Country Scent disinfectant
+ Mortein Flea bomb
+ OFF! Skintastic Personal Insect Repellent Spray
I’m not sure if I have managed to BBQ every single flea and bed bug in my room
But if they dare to strike again
I’ll strike big time!

…that even Mortein will get me to endorse their products instead of their usual male bodybuilder model
Apart from the pesky insects, my stay in Auckland had been very pleasant thus far :)
For those of you out there who have never had flea/bug bites, they look and feel just like mosquito bites – except that the swell would last for weeks if you do not get medical treatment

P/S: A special thanks to Ash, Yan & fellow housemates @ Central Hostel who had been showing a lot of concern! :)
 
"Peace"
"Chill... you only had flea bites. I had tarantulas in my room, k"
 
"Wow... you killed the fleas with your hand?"

9 comments:

  1. Sell them in the flea market, one in Amcorp mall every Sunday, haha... Eat lots of petai, and ginger for 3 days, and see if the fleas still get near you or are gone forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sell them in the flea market, one in Amcorp mall every Sunday, haha... Eat lots of petai, and ginger for 3 days, and see if the fleas still get near you or are gone forever

    ReplyDelete
  3. No petai & ginger here... If can get, more expensive than ginseng

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear lady I am not sure whether you are joking or your full with insect flea and blood suckling bug and bites shown. Your MOM just get worry when she saw the photos( bites) some more tarantulas one bite kill (poisonous). I never change my bed sheet for months and there is no insect/bug only mosquito. Lucky there is no snake in New Zealand you can't get one in the whole NZ.Better change your place quickly dear.
    MOM suggest you put garlic under the bed and throw it all over your room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha... I'm trying to get rid of fleas... not vampires leh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi :):)
    nice bed bug post ;);) give me sme to eat smeday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashish sme to eat remind me Thai, Cambodia, Laos, China Chinese fried insects ( grasshopper, bee,ant,cricket, water beetle, water bug, worms and fleas) with curry, chilli and honey etc to eat. Catch the flea and sell to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha... no mozzy there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. No mozzy. But there are fleas & bed bugs. When I first got the bites, I thought they're mozzy bites

    ReplyDelete